Religious house VILLA MERCEDE in Orvieto (Terni)
Villa Mercede is a religious house of hospitality of the Mercedari Fathers, a religious order founded in 1218. It is located in the heart of Orvieto, just 50 meters. from the Cathedral, surrounded by greenery, in an environment conducive to serenity and rest. All rooms, recently renovated, are equipped with private facilities, simply furnished but comfortable and spacious.
Palazzo Buzi, today Villa Mercede, is located near the San Bernardino complex. Built around 1580 in the late Mannerist style - and inspired by the concepts of Sangallo and Sanmicheli - the building is one of the best works of the great Orvieto architect and sculptor Ippolito Scalza (c. 1532-1617), of which he demonstrates the artistic evolution .
The interior is richly decorated with frescoes by Cesare Nebbia, by G. Battista Lombardelli and others. Between the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries the building underwent several alterations and modifications: the beautiful portal was destined to Palazzo Gualterio and some overlapping decorations were carried out on some internal decorations. Among these, the paintings attributed to Mariano Piervittori stand out.
Within 200 m. church, bus stop, bar / restaurant, inhabited area. Within 1 km ATM, supermarket, pharmacy. Between 1 and 5 km train station, hospital.
No smoking in the entire building.